I was just reminded that I haven't commented on Arnold's recent landslide election in California. The PinkMoose just called and wanted to know what I thought. We agreed that we know nothing about his ability to govern, and most likely, neither does anyone else. So why was he elected? Not on that basis. Will he do a good job? who knows, who cares. I think its a good image of the state of the American, and probably N. American, conscious and conscience. Celebitry'ism at its best, Arnold was elected based on popularity and public image. In my opinion its a natural and neccessary outcome of the all-covering consumerism of our culture.

Note: I am aware of Clint Eastwood's success as a mayor, and am not saying anything about Arnold or his ability to govern. That remains to be seen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness: A Hard Word From Luther

Proper Confidence: Faith, Doubt, and Certainty

A Good Tree Bears Good Fruit....