Q5: Experiencing Biblical Truth

Question: If you could experience one biblical truth in such a way that you always 'knew it', which one would you choose and why?



My favorite prayer in the bible has long been Paul's prayer from Ephesians 3:14-21
For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with powerthrough his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the LORD's people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

So, I think that I would have to choose the love of God.  Thinking about my life, and my relationships, it is love more than anything else which has affected me.  Knowing someone love me makes them a safe place to go, a desirable presence to share, a trusted person to talk to.  I know that these things are true of God, but I don't always live as if I knew that (so the knowledge is often more head than heart, more information than experience).  Knowing someone loves me changes my behavior towards them as well as towards others.  It motivates me to be loving back, and to be the kind of person that the loving individual wants me to be. Fully knowing, experiencing, the love of God would do these things to me as well.  It would motivate me to love others as sacrificially as Christ has loved me, and to be the kind of person God wants me to be.  Again, I know these things in my head, but I want to, and need to, experience them more. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness: A Hard Word From Luther

Proper Confidence: Faith, Doubt, and Certainty

A Good Tree Bears Good Fruit....