Q4: The End... but not quite so soon

Question: What if you knew you were going to die in a month?

This question was added in response to Q2.  I think its interesting to think about this in contrast with dying tomorrow.  After all, if you are going to die tomorrow you don't really have much time.  But if you are going to die in a month, you have 30 days to consider.  Suddenly skipping sleep is no longer an option!  I also think this would be much harder to live through.  Having a day would be stressful enough, but I wouldn't have too much time to dwell on things.  Having a month...?

In a month, then, I would want to do a few things.  

First of all, the standard package: Visit family and friends around the country, spend quality time with family, go on some romantic dates with Kristina, read a good book or two, and enjoy the everyday. 

Secondly, what I would consider something akin to a faith package: share the gospel, pray, preach a powerful sermon or two, encourage the teens and young adults at BAC in their faith (as well as anyone else I come into contact with), and spend some quality time with God. 

Thirdly, and finally, I would add these things: write my book (which I would post for free online), increase my life insurance amount, go to a chocolate fountain dessert thing, preach the gospel in several public places (parks, squares, and so on), make videos for my kids, and thank God for the life he has given me.

What about you? Now you have a month before you die, what would you do with 30 days? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness: A Hard Word From Luther

Proper Confidence: Faith, Doubt, and Certainty

A Good Tree Bears Good Fruit....