Memories

Memories, interesting things.

This time a year ago I had just finished my last term as a full time student. Hannah was barely 1 month old, and Nick, my brother-in-law, had very recently passed away. We were living with Teresa and Kevin (Kristina's sister and her husband), and I was spending a lot of time praying and thinking about a job offer from Burnaby Alliance Church.

I couldn't tell you what courses I was in, during the summer, or my last term. At least, I couldn't tell you without checking.

Now, this year, I just graduated from Regent. I have been a fully time pastor for just over 9 months, Hannah is 13 months old, and we are living in our own place. The job at Burnaby Alliance has turned out great (God, once again, showing His goodness), and we have a baby boy on the way.

As I look back I realize that time always passes so quickly. This is not news, but somehow there are moments, every couple of months, or every year, in which I am surprised by how much has changed. Moments when my memories take on the whimsical purple haze of nostalgia and I can't help but reflect. Which, of course, is the problem. I don't reflect enough.

P.S. That post on Canaanite genocide is coming, but maybe not for a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness: A Hard Word From Luther

Proper Confidence: Faith, Doubt, and Certainty

A Good Tree Bears Good Fruit....