First Snowy Day

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --A. Einstein


How many miracles can you spot in these pictures?


 "Have you ever said some simple word over and over till it became umeaning, a scrap of unknown tongue, till you seem to be opening and shutting your mouth with a cry like an animal's? So it is with the great world in which we live: it begins familiar: it ends unfamiliar.  When first men began to think and talk and theorize and work the world over and over with phrases and associations, then it was inevitable and fated, as a psychological necessity, that some day a creature should be produced, corresponding to the twentieth pronunciation of the word, a new animal with eyes to see and ears to hear; with an intellect capable of performing a new funciton never before conceived truly; thanking God for his creation.  I tell you religion is in its infancy; dervish and anchorite, Crusader and Ironside, were not fanatical enough, or frantic enough, in their adoration."
- G.K. Chesterton, A Crazy Tale







I grew up in Regina and Calgary.  I went to university in Edmonton.  I know what a real winter is, I like snow, and I miss having distinct seasons.  That's not to say I don't like Vancouver; I like it very much.  But, I am also very glad that my parents live in Salmon Arm.  It means that at least once a year Hannah and Ethan get to see a real winter.  But, this week we were blessed even here in Vancouver! Thursday brought Hannah's first real snow, as you can see in these pictures. 

I love watching her experience new things.  She rotates between tentative and excited, exploring and holding back.  She learned that snow was soft, crunchy, and cold.  That when you throw it up in the air it floats down like bubbles. 

Having children is good in so many ways, but one definite advantage is that it is so much easier to be child-like when one has children.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proper Confidence: Faith, Doubt, and Certainty

Forgiveness: A Hard Word From Luther

A Good Tree Bears Good Fruit....