Deserving Rebuke

Not that I think anyone will have noticed, but I deleted the last post I put up about laughing at poor English on international signs. 

First of all, my own language abilities, particularly grammar, are not my strong point. You may or may not notice, but my posts tend to be riddled with errors.  The truth is I do not spend nearly enough time editing but, even if I did, I doubt I would catch all my mistakes. Thus, that post was a bit like a man with a plank in his own eye trying to take the speck out of someone else's eye.  

Secondly, and more importantly, it's not exactly uplifting to put a post on here which is entirely based on mockery.  I know, it's all in good fun, or so we may think, but what good is accomplished by it?   

That said, I did not come to these realizations through my own reflections but through the gentle, and private, rebuke of a friend.  For that I am thankful. I both deserved it and needed it.  So, let me say publicly, I apologize.  

I have done, and will continue to do, stupid things on this blog and elsewhere in my life.  Please call me on them.  I need all the help I can get!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness: A Hard Word From Luther

Proper Confidence: Faith, Doubt, and Certainty

A Good Tree Bears Good Fruit....