So I finished editing one of my essay's on tuesday night, the one that is due today, my bioethics essay. I returned the books that I had out for it yesterday, and I picked up more books for my next essays. It seems that the piles just keep growing.

One of my essays, the next one I have started working on, for my Religion and Literature class, is turning out to be very interesting. I am writing on the church, the occult, and literature surrounding both within Nazi Germany. I have started reading a book, published in 1943, by the man who was the American Chaplain in Germany before the war. Quite a read (in a good, and yet so terrible, way).... Its called "It's Your Souls We Want". He shares this poem, published in a Berlin Newspaper in 1939:

We have captured all the positions
And on the heights we have planted
The banners
of our revolution.

You had imagined
That that was all
That we wanted.

We want more.
We want all!
Your hearts are our goal,
It is your souls we want!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness: A Hard Word From Luther

Proper Confidence: Faith, Doubt, and Certainty

A Good Tree Bears Good Fruit....