Retreat!!

The general who advances without coveting fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do good service for his sovereign, is the jewel of the kingdom.
- Sun Tzu

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
- Douglas MacArthur

No, I am not really going to write about tactics or war. I am talking about a religious retreat. That is, taking some time away from my regular daily routine to take part in intensive rest, prayer, reading, fellowship, and communing with my Lord and Savior, my God and King. 

This is an activity I need to do regularly, and I am blessed to work at a church which encourages us pastors to take a retreat day once a month. I am also blessed to be part of a denomination, the Christian and Missionary Alliance, which organizes an annual 3.5 day long retreat for us youth pastors. 

So, I am off to RockRidge Canyon today. 

Mostly, I want to ask you to please pray for my family as Kristina has to take care of Ethan and Hannah by herself for 3 nights in a row. This will be tiring. Pray for her to have strength and energy, to get rest, and for the children to be super well behaved. 

If your curious, I am planning on doing lots of reading, having good fellowship time, and doing some hiking. 

These are the books I am hoping to read, or start:
Being a Christian When the Chips are Down by Helmut Thielicke
Captive to the Word of God by Miroslav Volf
What are People For? by Wendell Berry
Many Dimensions by Charles Williams
The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer

See you in a few days! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness: A Hard Word From Luther

Proper Confidence: Faith, Doubt, and Certainty

A Good Tree Bears Good Fruit....