To Bruce Sanguin: An Apology

Dear Bruce Sanguin,

Back in March I posted a book review of your book "If Darwin Prayed." Just recently, you contacted me about this review and brought to my attention two objections. 

Your first objection was my characterization of your prayers as "mumbo-jumbo." You rightly pointed out that this goes beyond critical review into derogatory remark. And so, I apologize. As you know, I have already done so personally, but because my review was, and is, public I also need publicly apologize. I crossed the line, and I am sorry. 

Your second objection was to my calling your book "not Christian." Again, as you know, we are currently in discussion about this point, and it is entirely possible that I will be offering another apology at a later date. For now, I will say that I do not make that statement lightly nor often. Nor do I intend it to apply to you, Bruce. It is more than possible that I overreacted to the differences in our theologies and so, for now,  I will simply mark it as under review. 

I would like to add, mostly for the benefit of other readers, that I make many mistakes and do many wrong things. Not only that, but I often fail to see them. I actually greatly appreciate it when these are brought to my attention. So thank you Bruce, for being patient and gracious to me. 

God Bless You,
Andrew

Comments

HawrHawr We must tok Upstairs, brudda, over a beer or two. Never mind what Fred Phelps sez, Heaven's where we're going. God bless you.

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness: A Hard Word From Luther

Proper Confidence: Faith, Doubt, and Certainty

A Good Tree Bears Good Fruit....