Time for that infamous feature of most blogs, the catchup post.

Life continues to be good over here in S. Korea. I still have no accounts for showing photos or anything, and have been to lazy to really look into anything much. I have been looking into buying an MP3 player and have narrowed my choices down to two IRiver's, the H10 and H320 models. The idea would be to record university lectures as well as listen to music, but we will see how it all works out.

I have been trying to make better use of my free time of late, not playing so many computer games and watching so much anime, and it has been very good for me.

Every day that goes by brings me closer to returning home, and I am looking forward to it. Family, friends, a familary environment, the uneviable con of once again being able to understand everyone around me (and will understand me too....). I know it sounds wierd but its kind of nice when most of the people around you don't understand you and you don't understand them, its like your always in your own little private bubble, even on a crowded subway. It definitely gives a new meaning to freedom of speech. I hear reverse culture shock is largely caused by being able to read everything and understand everything again, so I guess we will see how that goes. Despite that one and only negative, I can't wait to be back at home. And back in school.

This weeekend, sunday, is Teacher's Day in Korea. So, now all my kids are bringing me presents. There really nice, and very generous. I have more name brand products than ever before: gucci cologne, body shop bath goods, real herbal tea (from some brand I can't remember), chanelle lip stuff (my wife, not me), and I can't remember the rest, at least two more name brand items. Seeing it all in our bathroom kind of wierds me out sometimes, I have been, generally, anti-big name brand (at least selectively anti anyway, never seriously or with any integrity :) for so long that the words on teh packages might as well be in Korean.

Thats life right now. I haven't read anyone elses blog since the last tmie I posted on my own, so I guess I have some catching up to do :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness: A Hard Word From Luther

Proper Confidence: Faith, Doubt, and Certainty

A Good Tree Bears Good Fruit....