December 2010


Failure Demotivator

December on my blog... fail.  Back at the end of November I pretty much gave myself permission to not blog.  This was a singularly bad idea as that permission became my banner for the month.  I raised my head from the black depths of self-fulfilling prophecies briefly on the 9th with my only post of the month.   Shockingly, if I were to make a top 3 lists of post views in December, you would find it at the top.  

What did I learn? That with no intention to write, it just doesn't happen.  That I find it very easy to fill my time with other things.  That I miss blogging and writing when I leave it for so long.  That blogging and writing are not the same thing.  That preaching really does suck up a lot of energy.  So, nothing new. 

When the last Advent Sunday passed I thought to myself, 'Hmm, maybe I will blog a bit before Christmas.'  I even started a post.  But let me tell you, nothing kills the creative spirit of an introvert quite like 2 and a half days of straight entertaining and company.  Afterwards, I had to climb up to the darkest corner of the attic, where my creativity (as well as my energy, patience, and holiday cheer) had curled up to have a good cry.   I managed to pull them back together just in time to bundle up the kids for the 5 hour drive to Salmon Arm.  

Anyway, I'm back now.  2011 here I come.... or wait... am I the one coming or is 2011 the one coming?  Whatever.  Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness: A Hard Word From Luther

Proper Confidence: Faith, Doubt, and Certainty

A Good Tree Bears Good Fruit....