A Prayer (III): The Steadfast Love of the Lord

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; For your steadfast love endures forever.My soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.Where there is, still, your steadfast love O Lord.I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.Beholding your steadfast love.Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.For your steadfast love endures forever.I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.
In your name, you who are Love.
My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; Satisfied with your steadfast love.With singing lips my mouth will praise you.
Praise you for your steadfast love.
On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.
For your steadfast love endures forever.
Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings.
I sing of your steadfast love, which never leaves my side.
My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.
For your steadfast love endures forever.
They who seek my life will be destroyed; they will go down to the depths of the earth.They will be given over to the sword and become food for jackals.
For my life is held in your steadfast love.
But the king will rejoice in God; 
And in your steadfast love.all who swear by God's name will praise him, while the mouths of liars will be silenced.For your steadfast love endures forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proper Confidence: Faith, Doubt, and Certainty

Forgiveness: A Hard Word From Luther

A Good Tree Bears Good Fruit....