"I thought of a rather cruel trick I once played on a wasp. He was sucking jam on my plate, and I cut him in half. He paid no attention, merely went on with his meal, while a tiny stream of jam trickled out his severed oesophagus. Only when he tried to fly away did he grasp the dreadful thing that had happened to him. It is the same with modern man. The thing that has been cut away is his soul."
George Orwell

I wonder if you could make this same point about the church. It is the Spirit that has been cut away, and thus a large number of Christians never know the abundant life in Christ. We happily eat our meal, the ABC's of church, and it is only when we try to fly that we realize the terrible thing which has happened to us.

Just a thought.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness: A Hard Word From Luther

Proper Confidence: Faith, Doubt, and Certainty

A Good Tree Bears Good Fruit....